We are pleased to offer our members with outstanding worksite products through leading insurance and benefit carriers. Always growing, our list of products are setup to help you meet the needs of your clients.
Short Term Disability
Disability Insurance provides partial replacement income in the event of an illness or accident resulting in a disability that prevents the insured from working at his or her regular employment. Benefits are usually provided on a monthly basis in order to allow the insured to maintain a standard of living and continue to pay regular expenses. Benefit amount, elimination period, and benefit period vary. Occupational class, regular income, and health will affect premium, availability, and if guaranteed issue is available.
Riders added to the base policy can customize coverage and are generally available.
- Own Occupation – definition of total disability
- Residual and/or Recovery benefit
- Non-cancellable rider
- Cost of Living Adjustment
- Benefit Increase Option
- Catastrophic Benefit
Most Americans are unaware of the value of disability insurance. Consider the following statistics from LIMRA/LIFE 2013 Insurance Barometer Study:
- The Social Security Administration estimates that one out of three Americans entering the workforce today will become disabled before they retire.
- Nearly 90 percent of disabilities are not work related and therefore are not covered by workers’ compensation.
- Illness, not accidents are responsible for most of the disabilities people suffer.
- Insurance statistics show that only nine percent of long-term disabilities resulted from serious accidents. The top causes of disability are often triggered by more common, chronic conditions, including one out of four caused by muscle and bone disorders like back problems, joint pain, and muscle pain.
LIMRA/LIFE 2013 Insurance Barometer Study
Join now to connect with industry leaders in offering the best insurance products for your clients.